
It's funny how in one moment, reality as you know it can change completely. That's how Troy and I felt last Thursday when Josiah was diagnosed with severe Hydrocephalus (water on the brain). There is not a whole lot known about Hydrocephalus, and as a result there is no cure. Fortunately there is a way to treat it... a shunt that will be inserted in his brain and will drain the fluid from his head down into his tummy and intestines to be absorbed by his body. This surgery will be taking place on Monday, October 27 @ 7:30am.
Understanding the science, of course, is hard but fascinating... probably would be more so if it wasn't happening to our baby! But, there is so much that gives us hope and comfort in this hard time. I am so excited to share the many blessings that we have received as a result of this experience so far...
The most comforting thing of all is that we can clearly see God at work in all that has happened. It is a total bummer that we will go through this, but amazing to know that even though our reality changed, God knew it all along!! In my Thursday morning women's bible study at church, I am in a small group with 4 nurses that work at PCH!!! Thanks to them, I know that Josiah will receive the best nursing care!
Our family has gathered around us to pray for us and offer love and support, as well as our church family. I can't even express how many people have offered to help with Charity, meals, and anything else we could possile need. Even my "old" work family and Peralta Trail Elementary have come along side our family to help and pray!! It is so humbling to realize how many people God has placed in our lives to be an encouragement to us!
I know that it can be so hard to understand why tough things happen, but in our case I am excited to say that we are fully depending on God, and in that hope, we will all come out stonger and refined to be a light in the world for His glory.
I am so thankful for all our wonderful family and friends!! Thank you for praying for us (I don't think it is possible to have too much.) Thank you for being a reflection of Jesus as you have come along side to encourage us!
Understanding the science, of course, is hard but fascinating... probably would be more so if it wasn't happening to our baby! But, there is so much that gives us hope and comfort in this hard time. I am so excited to share the many blessings that we have received as a result of this experience so far...
The most comforting thing of all is that we can clearly see God at work in all that has happened. It is a total bummer that we will go through this, but amazing to know that even though our reality changed, God knew it all along!! In my Thursday morning women's bible study at church, I am in a small group with 4 nurses that work at PCH!!! Thanks to them, I know that Josiah will receive the best nursing care!
Our family has gathered around us to pray for us and offer love and support, as well as our church family. I can't even express how many people have offered to help with Charity, meals, and anything else we could possile need. Even my "old" work family and Peralta Trail Elementary have come along side our family to help and pray!! It is so humbling to realize how many people God has placed in our lives to be an encouragement to us!
I know that it can be so hard to understand why tough things happen, but in our case I am excited to say that we are fully depending on God, and in that hope, we will all come out stonger and refined to be a light in the world for His glory.
I am so thankful for all our wonderful family and friends!! Thank you for praying for us (I don't think it is possible to have too much.) Thank you for being a reflection of Jesus as you have come along side to encourage us!
Troy, Kristy, Charity, and Josiah, we will be on our knees lifting Baby Josiah and the family in prayer Monday morning. We love you guys and are here ready to serve you in any way we can. Just a phone call away! Bryan and Mary Sammons
ReplyDeletesammonsfamily7.blogspot.com
Troy, Kristy, Charity, and Josiah, we will be on our knees lifting Baby J and family in prayer Monday Morning. We love you guys and are ready to serve you in any way you may need us. Just a phone call away! Bryan and Mary Sammons
ReplyDeletesammonsfamily7.blogspot.com
We will be thinking about you tomorrow and praying for all of you. Please let us know if you need anything. You are a strong family and you have faith. God will take care of all your needs. God Bless. Carrah
ReplyDeleteIt IS amazing how God puts things so specifically together to make everything work in His will in the end. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteHi guys, I heard everything went fine
ReplyDeletein surgery, great news! , keep me posted!
Love Jeff