I like the title of this post because it isn't me I'm blogging about! Today was Troy's birthday (bummer that no matter what, I'll always be older...even if it's a few months)! We are celebrating this week in San Diego and then with a few days alone... yes, I said alone... in Newport Beach.
We were greeted in bed this morning at 3:15am, which ironically was the time that Troy was born, 3:14am, by our children who were having a hard time staying asleep and wanted to cuddle. We said happy birthday and tried to catcha few more zzzzz's. At 6:15am it was up for the day, waking up auntie Mel-Mel and getting ready to go to the zoo! We had a blast at the zoo... our favorite place to go as a family!
We saw a few rare things today... the peacock strutting his stuff for the females during their breakfast... Charity and I actually got super close to the peacock and reached out to feel his beautiful feathers.
The hippo's stood nicely for a few pictures. Josiah had no interest in being in the picture with them, but he did want to take his own picture with Daddy's phone... "Cheese hippo, cheese."
We also spotted the new baby panda today, as well as his older sisters. They are so sleepy! There was only one that was awake. I was thankful for my bed as I was watching them sleep, hanging out of a tree! But they seemed to love it!
The jaguar was in rare form... but wasn't interested in posing for a picture... here are the wierdo's that did pose for some pictures instead...
The Birthday Boy
Josiah fell asleep in the car on the way home... you know what that means... power nap!! Charity attemted to rest... that lasted about 20 minutes. So we moved on to having a massive sugar high until bed time. We frosted a birthday cake for Troy, which means the kids lick a spoon full of frosting while I spread it on the cake and then they helped sprinkle Reeses that they chopped the night before on top. After a walk to Starbuck's... for Troy and I- in need of some caffine, and dinner, we finally got to eat the cake the kids had been pining over. Josiah enjoyed it so much he decided to be come one with his piece, hehehe!












I love catching up with your family! I love the owls! your kids are adorable! I miss you, keep blogging girl! I love it.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Troy! I sounds like you all had a very memorable day! Hugs! Aunt Lisa
ReplyDelete