Thursday, December 16, 2010

Perspective

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners,
so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.  Hebrews 12:1-3



At this very moment I am in the middle of playing pretend with the kids.  I am Grandma, at work on her computer.  Sis is playing the mommy, and she has out her Cabbage Patch dolls, rocking them and changing their clothes. Mr is in the middle of being the daddy, and changing a stinky diaper.

It seems like just yesterday when all that consumed my life was changing burped-up on baby clothes and stinky diapers, rocking sweet babies to sleep, watching the clock like a hawk to keep them on a good schedule, and trying to sneak a shower in when ever possible. 

Those days are gone... Although I find that taking a shower while they are awake still presents problems, as they use the opportunity to do all the "fun" things that I don't let them do!

Now I a wrapped up in thoughts of school, visiting schools, observing teachers, trying to see if it is possible to fund a private school education, heading to an orientation at another school, and contemplating homeschooling.  My night stand is filled with books about being a positive mom, teaching my kids about responsibility, homeschooling and a journal to keep all my thoughts straight (Not sure if it is actually keeping my thoughts straight!!).  I find myself begging God for wisdom on how to deal with the various trials that daily come up.  DAILY!!  He is faithful to encourage me, and I praise Him for familiar words that lay fresh on my heart.

Being a mom is a HARD job!!  And such a gift... Through being a parent God shows me how He feels about me, how He wants to teach me, how He wants to change me so that I can be the kind of woman that He has created me to be.  This of course comes with trials and growing pains, and an uncanny resemblance of the job that He has given to me as a mom.

Whew!  I thank God for the grace  that he has bestowed in abundance so that I have the strength to run in this race.

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. Proverbs 16:3

And now I am off to read "The Polar Express" and serve milk and cookies. The adventure continues.











 

1 comment:

  1. I need two cookies right now! great post. it sums up my feelings exactly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!!