Just some thoughts... I don't know why I try to complicate life all the time... putting too many things on the calendar, saying "yes" to helping with too many things, volunteering for everything under the sun... I'm getting much better about saying "no."
Whenever I clear my schedule of all those things, I find the things in this life to be so enjoyable. It's so much fun to be with the kids uninterrupted and not on a tight schedule. I find that my mind is more focused on the Lord when things are not so chaotic. I'm a better mom and a more supportive wife. I'm not stressed out!
We went to the park today after Charity's hair cut. We just played. Kicked off our shoes, climbed the jungle gym, made trains and went down the slide, and played catch. I wish we had made a picnic... maybe that would be complicating things again!! It was so much fun.
I like the simple life. It is very purposefully pursued and purposfully protected.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!!