I would think with 2 active children, I would be at least 20 pounds thinner. I just started a diet... my first actually. It’s not that I didn't watch what I ate, I just have never done any crazy only eat cabbage soup kind of diets, until now. I am sick of the pudgy that just will not come off, no matter how much I work out. (Wouldn't trade my kids in to be skinnier, but I totally blame it on them :o) I am doing the Flat Belly Diet... which seems to be good since you are actually allowed to eat (very beneficial to me since I like eating), your even allowed to eat dark chocolate...my personal favorite! The book asks you to keep a journal about your food/eating habits... discover what makes you crave the unhealthy things that make you fat... meaning cake, cup cakes, milk chocolate, processed food, Doritos, Cheetos... and the list goes on.
I think that I have made a personal break through on my craving motives... stress revolving around the kids...maybe all stress! When it takes 15 times to get Josiah to lay down in his bed so I can leave the room during nap time, I start thinking about cookies...mmmmmm! Sounds good right about now!! I think I am going to have to work on not stressing about so many things.
Anyhow, God has provided a wonderful scripture to help get me through... it is spring break this week, so we didn't have women's bible study, but I did get the homework that we are working on for next week. We are so blessed to have JoAnne Heim, who is at our church right now, as her husband is on staff with TwoIgnite, she is going to be teaching from Psalm 23 for the next 6 weeks. So what is the first verse? The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not be in want. Praise God for his timing! I need that verse right now to get through these first few days of body de-bloating!!

I know a lady who prays before she puts anything into her mouth. SO, when she picks up a little snack, like a candy bar, she has to fire off a quick prayer, since she has kids. She prays, "Lord, bless this food to my body, not my booty".
ReplyDeleteShe says it helps her put food into perspective. I find it to be hilarious.